The finished quilt.
I really struggled to get good photos due to the quilt's size and the recent wet weather. The sun has been out today but of course, it clouded over as soon as I attempted to take any photos outside! Also the fence and most of the garden are still very damp and it was a real task finding somewhere to hang it where it wouldn't get dirty.
I wasn't sure of the backing when I sent it off with the quilt. (A 100% cotton duvet cover from TK Max) The shabby-chic style roses didn't seem to go too well with the other prints. But I didn't have the time or money to go looking for an alternative. However I am really pleased with it. The blue looks great and makes a nice contrast with all the yellow. And because the colours in the backing are slightly muted, it makes the top really "pop".
I finished with a stripy pink binding. I also used the same print in blue and green in the quilt.
All ready to wrap and present on her birthday at the weekend.
You can read my earlier posts about the quilt here and here


That has turned out so amazing. I think the backing matches in very well and your mum will be amazed at your talent. The quilter has tied it all in together brilliantly.
ReplyDeletethank you Penny - she loved it!
Delete