Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Introducing Mr Monkey



Poor old Mr Monkey! He has just had to undergo some major surgery! I have had to sew most of his leg seams back up! Not sure if it is a result of my workmanship or the fact that he is often caught up in a tug-o-war between the Little Man & the Little Fella! Both of whom want to take him to bed!

As I was sewing him up , I remembered that I had never introduced him to any of you!

I made Mr Monkey around this time last year, but was dissapointed in how he turned out! I made him all on the machine, except his mouth. I am not happy with his mouth but have not yet been able to find the sock-monkey-makers secret to a perfect mouth! I also used some verrrrry stretchy socks, which made a very large sock monkey and took nearly a whole cushion worth of stuffing! At one point I was going to bin him, but then the Little Man spotted him & spent the rest of the day dragging him around, so Mr Monkey ended up moving in to the Tamster household!

I have been meaning to make another, but need to find the secret to a perfect pout first! (anyone wanna share lol ???)

No comments:

Post a Comment